Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Art + food

Super Hot Irish Girlfriend and I went by CCA yesterday evening to check out an exhibition by our friend Ehren. Cool stuff! This was my fave piece:



You can't really tell from the picture, but each Rolodex card has stuff on it. Some have found pictures and some text that may or may not be relevant to the picture, and some just have text. It's really cool. I wasn't sure whether you were supposed to touch it or not, but then I saw people going up and flipping through it. Ehren said you were supposed to flip through it.

After that, S.H.I.G. and I had some dinner at Mission Beach Cafe on Guerrero and 14th. We both liked it a lot. I had the grilled pork chop which was changed up a little from the menu - it had some kind of strawberry compote thing on top which I wasn't crazy about, but the meat was really good. It came with parsnips and sugar snap peas, which were really sweet and crisp.

S.H.I.G. had the pan-seared halibut with tomato ragout, which was awesome. I usually don't like seafood all that much, but I would totally independently order that.

Great, friendly service, nice room. My only complaint is that it seems a little overpriced for what's kind of a casual place. I mean, the fish was good and everything, but $26 is a shitload to pay for a piece of fish and some sauce.

No comments: