Friday, April 17, 2009

The post is Somali pirate, teabag, and Susan Boyle-free

I'm kind of fascinated by the whole Kari Ferrell, Asian hipster grifter story. It's interesting because it proves a few things that I've always suspected were true:

1. Guys will more or less go retardo-stupid over even a marginally cute Asian chick.

2. Vice magazine makes its hiring decisions based mostly on looks.

Capsule version: Asian hipster chick moves to NYC and ingratiates herself with other hipsters, gains money and sympathy by claiming to have cancer, defrauds various bearded guys and/or members of a band collective out of money and/or property, is discovered to have outstanding warrants from Utah, is now on the run, as much as one can be on the run in Brooklyn.

Anyway, of course Gawker is all over this like white on rice, as you might expect, and there's a good article in the Observer about her too. Oh, wait, that white on rice thing was a very poor choice of words. I take that back.

Happy Friday, everyone!

Here's my favorite Missed Connection of the day:

Tattoos at Planned Parenthood today - m4w (downtown / civic / van ness)

Reply to: XXXXXXXX
Date: 2009-04-16, 10:19PM PDT

You are really great!!! You were in the elevator and the waiting room with me had nice tattoos ... I know it sounds odd but.... I think we actually would have a lot of fun together and have a lot in common!!!

That's right. Dude is trying to hook up with a chick he saw at PLANNED PARENTHOOD. Why not just hang around a gynecologist's office instead, chief?

I'm not discussing the Giants. I just don't want to talk about it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wasn't aware that she was Asian. Who let 'that' cat out of the bag?

Let's give support to Miss Garafalo, instead.

DrFeelgood said...

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04182009/postopinion/opedcolumnists/fairytale_ending_165066.htm

susan boyle fer chrissakes. She's an original.

Rocco said...

she looks nose-jobby.