Friday, April 3, 2009

What do Hastings' new parking garage and Gisele Bundchen have in common? Nothing.

Is it just me, or does the new Hastings parking garage at Golden Gate and Larkin look kinda like the SF Chronicle Building?

Here's the New Kid on The Block:

OH HAI. Law students and professors will park in me. I hope to have ground-floor retail too! In this neighborhood, I better sell crack pipes and 40's if I hope to survive!

And here's the Palace of Failed Media:

I used to be full of reporterz up in ur bizness investigatin ur stuffz but then craigzlist runed it. :(

You see it? Yeah? Oh, maybe it is just me. Hey, maybe the same thing will happen to the new parking garage that happened to the Chron and somebody will figure out a way to park cars on the Internet and it'll be obsolete too!

The garage actually has a contentious history, which is pretty much true for anything you try to build in this godforsaken city. For the whole 8 years I've worked in the neighborhood, it was a parking lot with a sidewalk frequented by rail-thin junkies shooting smack into their ankles. I would have thought that anything would be better than that, but hey, in SF everything's a fight. I don't even want to rehash the great American Apparel War of 2008.

Happy Friday, everyone!

I know that everyone will be interested in this fascinating article in Vanity Fair about the Bohemian Grove, just as I was when I clicked on it and OH MY GOD WHAT'S THIS PICTURE IN THE SIDEBAR HOLY SHIT!!!!!


I can hear you now. CLICKCLICKCLICKCLICKCLICK.

Apparently VF has some photo spread with Gisele Bundchen and her faux-fetishy sleep mask or whatever. She's quite comely, I'll admit.

No comments: