Monday, May 24, 2010

Here's a not very interesting story about what I did this weekend

So I was up at the Hyatt Lake Tahoe this weekend. No way I paid the $285 a night they want (!!!). It was some big meeting for The Wife's company which means that they went to a one hour meeting and the rest of the time they all got drunk and did whatever it is they do. We got a free trip to Tahoe and a big banquet and lots of free booze.

I have a few observations about late May 2010 in Lake Tahoe:

- It snowed the whole time. I asked a bro who worked there if that was unusual for late May and he said he didn't know, he had just moved there from Kona. Kona!!! It must not take long to lose that island tan, because homeboy was white as a sheet.

- I shouldn't gamble. I'm too stupid to gamble. Or drunk. I was kinda drunk on Friday night and was playing blackjack and it got into my head that it would be a good idea to split a pair of 6's. You know what? It wasn't a good idea. (Apparently splitting 6's is acceptable in some circumstances, but I don't even think I looked at what the dealer had.)

- Here's how roulette doesn't work: "It's been red the last 4 spins, so this one's gotta be black." Also, it rarely lands on 27.

- For whatever else you can say, it was really beautiful up there. (Cell phone pic; sorry for quality):



- BONUS PIC: Snow on my car.

That's a sweet ride, man.

TWO OTHER THINGS:

1. Re the "Lost" finale (SPOILER COMING THIS IS ALL THE WARNING YOU GET) - so, what, it really was purgatory or limbo the whole time? Because they repeatedly said publicly it wasn't that. I think they kind of just gave up. Bleh, whatever. I feel like I wasted a lot of time watching that show now.

2. I'm no baseball genius or anything, but something needs to change with the Giants. Getting shut out in 2 consecutive games against the A's is a sign of a very, very, very serious problem with the offense. Very serious.

3 comments:

The Sonia Show said...

I was pretty confused after the finale. I had to resort to reading a TV critic's thoughts to figure it out, and I used to be a TV critic.

Apparently, the "sideways world" was purgatory. All the characters died eventually but waited for each other in purgatory so they could all go to heaven together. Awwwww.

Greg said...

I actually thought the LOST ending made a lot of sense....I liked the part when Hurley says to Ben "you were a great #2" indicating that life after that jerk Jacob and Smokey got a lot nicer on the Island.

Unknown said...

The island was never purgatory, only the flash-sideways in the final season.