Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What's that? You say there's some kind of baseball-related event in the offing?

This blog is going to be pretty baseball-centric for the next week or so. We are sorry if we are not providing the level of service to which you have become accustomed. Please be assured that we are taking all necessary steps to address this situation.

(Courtesy The Daily What)

Yes, friends, the World Series has returned to San Francisco again for the first time since 2002. I couldn't go to any games that time because I was married to a deadbeat who didn't work and we were pretty much broke. Now I've got a newer, better wife and we're actually going to a game. I don't want to tell you how much I spent to get these tickets because it feels silly but it's more than a 1998 Chevy Astro cargo van with a BLOWN HEAD GASKET. Whatever, it's a once-in-a-lifetime, or maybe once-every-eight-years situation and dammit I deserve to go to one of these games to make up for the Tuesday nights at Candlestick when it was 56 degrees with 40 mph winds and they were 18 games out of first and Steve Scarsone was coming up to bat with the bases empty.

Check this out:

Are the Giants ever going to be favored to win anything? Whatever, being the underdog is better.

(In case you're not familiar with money line bets, the above means that you put down $145 on the Rangers to win $100, and if you put $100 on the Giants you in $125. In other words, the Rangers are favored to win the series.)

WE'LL SEE.

(I realize this post is refreshingly content-free, but it's been a busy few days.)

1 comment:

Dan said...

Don't take this the wrong way, but my favorite 40goingon28 posts are the ones where you reminisce about your ex-wife in some way. I wish this could be a regular feature in the blog. Although I gather you probably wouldn't really enjoy writing it as much.

Anyway: congratulations on the WS trip!