Monday, January 31, 2011

Notes from this weekend

After band practice on Saturday I had a couple of beers with some friends at Shotwell's and that was cool and whatnot but everyone had to go so it broke up around 7. I was walking home and I passed Makeout Room so I decided to stop for a pint. It was a little crowded, nothing too crazy, and then these kids - like 12 or 13-year-olds - start playing covers like "Back in the USSR" and "7 Nation Army" and fucking "Purple Haze" and I surmised it was some kind of School of Rock thing because they do those shows every once in a while with kids playing covers. I don't want to sound like a dick but they weren't that great.

So I noticed that the bartender didn't charge me and I decided to get another pint and I said "You know, you didn't charge me for that last beer" and she was all "It's an open bar" and I was like WTF? But you don't really look a gift horse in the mouth. So then I got out me trusty phone and looked up the Makeout Room's calendar and it was right about the time when I saw it said "Private Party" that a guy onstage told everyone to wish Tony a happy birthday. So Happy Birthday, Tony, and thanks for the beers.

So then yesterday we had brunch at Nopa and it was great and everything but it was also kinda like being in a magazine. I mean, everyone was totally stylish and hip and wearing sunglasses and shit and I kinda felt like I was maybe not cool enough for brunch at Nopa. Good Bloody Mary, though. Do you capitalize Bloody Mary? Then we went to Beach Chalet and then we went to the Fireside and then we went home.

Today I'm fighting with some asshole on the Internet. Fucking Mondays, am I right?

1 comment:

Tamagosan said...

That Tony, what a guy.

As for Nopa, it's all fun and games until I order my favorite drink. Then that skill that went into your BM (yes, I went there) evaporates and I have a beer.